Financial literacy is not taught in schools and colleges however it is vital as sustenance. In these tough times because of Covid-19 pandemic, where there is lot of insecurity about jobs, many people have loans to repay, businesses are suffering and the entire model of work is changing, it is one most essential skill to learn. Money management is everyone’s business, as income is not equal to wealth. One may earn a lot of money but saving and investing it rightly requires financial know-how. One has to self-reliant and do not depend on advisors, agents, bankers, friends etc. to tell them where to invest money and manage it. I have listed seven must read personal financial books, which enhanced my financial knowledge and I am sure it will enhance your knowledge and ignite your passion for learning more.
- Rich Dad Poor Dad – This book by Robert Kiyosaki and Sharon Lechter, changed my perspective about personal finance. I was following a social norm – study hard, go to college, find a job, keep the job and retire. But this book has changed by vision. When you read it, you will understand why I can’t recommend enough. You can get the book here or https://amzn.to/30UEW57
- Your money or your life – This book by Joseph R. Dominguez, Monique Tilford, and Vicki Robin, teaches us about Nine Steps to Transforming Your Relationship with Money and Achieving Financial Independence. It gives lot of perspective for people aspiring to achieve FIRE (Financial Independence Retire Early). Well who wants to retire at 60, the new retirement age is 40. You can get the book here or https://amzn.to/37KVKgu
- Let’s talk money: You’ve Worked Hard for It, Now Make It Work for You – This book by Monika Halan, talks about personal finance from an Indian perspective. As the title suggests, we have worked hard for money, now make it work for you. This is very important aspect of personal finance as there is a limit to work hard, smart work is the thing. This book also highlights the common mistakes people make in handling money. You can get the book here or https://amzn.to/2YNCfQ3
- I will teach you to be rich – This book by Ramit Sethi, is written by an Indian who is based in United States, however his concepts from personal finance perspective are amazing. According to him, people try to save penny but do not concentrate on big wins which can save thousands perhaps lakhs of dollars. His scripts provide a ready reference material which provide instant gains in various financial areas. I have benefited from this book. This book is for keeps. You can get the book here or https://amzn.to/2NcRv3A
- The Intelligent Investor – This book by Benjamin Graham, is the bible for investors, how much I say is less for this book. It is the most widely acclaimed book on value investing. Those who follow Warren Buffet, the billionaire and legendary investor, would know that Benjamin Graham was his mentor. You teaches you framework for sound investments keeping emotions at bay. You can get the book here or https://amzn.to/3dhT9vo
- Quit like a millionaire : No Gimmicks, Luck, Or Trust Fund Required – This book by Bryce Leung and Kristy Shen, is most recommended for FIRE (Financial Independence Retire Early) enthusiasts. Initial few pages might look like a drag but it shows that how coming from a humble background how one can retire early and pursue travelling dreams. Sounds unreal, well read the book here or https://amzn.to/2UTkY6Y
- Secrets of the Millionaire mindset: Mastering the Inner Game of Wealth – This book by T. Harv Eker, talks about money mindset as no matter how knowledgeable you are about personal finance; it won’t work for you unless your money blueprints are clear. It explains why some people attract money and others struggle with money, and through some effort you can consciously change your money blueprint. I recently finished this book and would definitely recommend for reading it at least once. You can get it here or https://amzn.to/2YMo2D7
I hope that the post is helpful to kickstart and accelerate your financial freedom and wealth creation journey.
Disclaimer – I would be getting a small amount as commission if any book purchase is made using the links above.